Monday, October 03, 2005

Spam Blog Crusade

There is a spam blog crusade going out there. And some people are attempting to explore this trend from a commercial perspective creating spam blog directories and generating lots of traffic to their sites where they usually have AdSense or other type of advertising. Just recently I have seen on Technorati big adds about making money from the blog by placing text links. So what is a spam blog? I guess it is all about where do we draw the line? It would be similar as a question: at which point a man who starts to lose hair becomes a bald man? Sorites paradox again.
For me one of the examples of spam blogging is what bloggers are doing with the keyword "failure". It is an old story I admit, but it will not go away. So, are we going to call all the tens of thousands of bloggers link spammers? I am not here to judge that. And I think that the First Amendment does guarantee freedom of speech and the freedom of links we can have on our blogs. And for those who don't like the results, they most likely missed out on this special sort of voting.

No comments:

Post a Comment